Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello All
Hello everyone;

I am a 40 year old living in Dallas, Texas.  I have been a truck technician for about 20 years.  I specialize in electronics, programming and data-link communications.  Or at least I try to.  I have been dabbling in programming off and on since i was a teen.  One goal out of high school was to get my degree in computer science.  For financial reasons I was never able to.  Over the past year I have been finally working towards getting my BSCS through University of the People.

I like working with Java.  In school we study Java and Python as the primary languages.  I am learning C,C++ on my own.  One of the goals I am trying to learn (on my own) how to write computer programs to communicate with automotive ECM's.  One hurdle I need to learn if I want to use Java is how to access the DLL's supplied from Nexiq for communicating through the pass through device.  I am also interested in embedded programming using both Java and C C++, IoT and obviously since I am here I am looking at reverse engineering. 

I attempted to donate but was not able to, the donation account says "not accepting donations at this time"....  Is this site still active?
Greetings. The site is definitely still somewhat active. Good to have you here. Was there something specific you were hoping to learn here? I am new here as well and would have no problem helping you out if I can.