Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you worked for Supercell, how would you stop the botting epidemic?
Wink 
What solution do you think is best that can stop the botting problem and also does not affect the average player?
You can make things come to a crashing halt in two steps:
1) Don't allow CoC to run on a rooted device.
2) Don't allow CoC to run on an emulator.
I wouldn't try to stop them, I find botting actually promotes gemming, I think more people will play deeper into the game with a bot and still buy gems to speed up the process. I personally would probably have quit playing if it wasn't for the bot. I don't have the time to farm 5 million for an upgrade. And there is no way i'm going to spend my way to th10.

I would bet supercell has already done enough research to find out botters actually spend more real money on gems than non botters.
(02-24-2015, 09:49 AM)Fotch Wrote:  I wouldn't try to stop them, I find botting actually promotes gemming, I think more people will play deeper into the game with a bot and still buy gems to speed up the process. I personally would probably have quit playing if it wasn't for the bot. I don't have the time to farm 5 million for an upgrade. And there is no way i'm going to spend my way to th10.

I would bet supercell has already done enough research to find out botters actually spend more real money on gems than non botters.

Me too. If not for being able to bot, I don't think I would still be playing. I actually recently bought ~$20 worth of gems to help speed of my buildings.
I think they actually support it as it draws more attention to their game. Not only that, but as stated above people actually purchase upgrades such as gems so they can utilize them with the bot.
A similar case was/ is with the Zynga game Mafia Wars. Nearly everyone used a bot. In the start Zynga tried everything to stop this but in vain. The only thing they could do was to introduce a on-line brake like in CoC.
This thread is now officially monitored by SC, lol Wink
they could try troop deployment detection, just check the similarity of deployment every attack. easily can prove its a bot if the number of units used and drop points is always the same
i'll never tell them the way to stop if i know ....what had sc done when other bots were selling...
(02-24-2015, 04:07 PM)Explicit Wrote:  I think they actually support it as it draws more attention to their game. Not only that, but as stated above people actually purchase upgrades such as gems so they can utilize them with the bot.

Since i use the bot, i boost my barracks. Never did that before so yes i bought more gems. I dont think they will support it but dont do annything to botters for a long time.