Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is contained in the dynamic link library COCBot.dll?
Interested in RE and automation. Just wondered what functionality is coded in the dll?

Does the COC Bot use memory or character recognition when obtaining enemy gold/elixir/dark availability during the possible target presentation screen?

Is AutoIt a common tool used for Bots?

What advantages or disadvantages do Python, Java or C# offer when developing bots like this one?

BTW this is great work. I don't even play COC but love the RE and automation coding people are working on.

Sorry for all the stupid noob questions but this stuff has really peaked my interest.
(02-16-2015, 05:37 AM)bbob Wrote:  Just wondered what functionality is coded in the dll?
export function dump: ImageTest, ImageSearch, ImageSearchEx, ImageSearchExt
=> Image recognition functions

(02-16-2015, 05:37 AM)bbob Wrote:  Does the COC Bot use memory or character recognition when obtaining enemy gold/elixir/dark availability during the possible target presentation screen?
Character recognition (needs some improving though)

(02-16-2015, 05:37 AM)bbob Wrote:  Is AutoIt a common tool used for Bots?
Yup, always has been (know it since v1), apparently still is.

(02-16-2015, 05:37 AM)bbob Wrote:  What advantages or disadvantages do Python, Java or C# offer when developing bots like this one?
If you are at this stage any programming language will suffice. As beginner Java or Autoit will be easier to understand initially.
This is the only thread I have seen on this forum that contains any Reverse Engineering information.

If you really are interested, there is a bunch of information out there but I don't know that I am allowed to post the links here.
Thanks for the answers guys. I appreciate it.
Where do the image recognition functions come from? Are they open source with an API?

Is it possible to private message me the links to other RE information?

If I wanted to create a bot from scratch using autoit with image and character recognition included where should I look for tutorials etc. thinking about word puzzle type bots and comparing word with a dictionary etc.
This stuff just amazes me. It is really cool. I've been using the coc bot a little bit and the background capability blows my mind. How does that work? Crazy good stuff I never knew was possible before now. Thanks for opening my eyes to the possibilities out there.
Look here for ImageSearch.dll information.

Check your PM's.
This is so exciting! I've been wanting to do something like this for a while.
Thanks a lot.