Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Calling out to developers
Hey you guys, I know with the new sub-sections and developer's group it's been quite disorganized at the moment, but we received lots of contributions from new people joining. However since there has been a lack of communication all codes tend to be scattered around lol. What do you think we create a Skype group for direct communication so we can effectively assign task and peer preview code before release? Also it would help developers to asks for help/reference if needed. If you guys are in pm me your skype message (or if you prefer other form of communications just reply below). Github is also created for development. I already see a game-changing team from you guys. Cheers!
I also support this, I believe a Skype group will help coordinate the process.
Yes, this makes sense. Also its better for people dont waste time developing things that are beeing developed by others.
I'll upload my edits to the bot later today. But i can advance, that i have two instances of the bot running for 36h withou crashes.
Stickied for now.
I think it's a great idea, I'll have to dust off my skype account. Smile I'll PM it to you.

I've been organizing our git repo but I haven't finished yet (with 5.3.5) by bridging 5.3.4 and 5.4 together. We will use it as our reference / master branch. And then every developer can clone it and work on their own branch and features.

As for the user base, they can use any of the in-development branches or use the master branch as the stable release.
I think skype would be really good, just PM me if you need mine
I'll PM my Skype Antidote. Good idea! We definitely need to sort out the comms.
Hi guys I added you all on Skype but you need to accept my request to be added to the group. Looking forwards to collaborating with you guys soon Wink
Along with Skype. Let's do a Google doc as well. Everyone write down what they're working on maybe.
(01-08-2015, 06:34 AM)Kaz Wrote:  I think it's a great idea, I'll have to dust off my skype account. Smile I'll PM it to you.

I've been organizing our git repo but I haven't finished yet (with 5.3.5) by bridging 5.3.4 and 5.4 together. We will use it as our reference / master branch. And then every developer can clone it and work on their own branch and features.

As for the user base, they can use any of the in-development branches or use the master branch as the stable release.

I think Git is the way to go!