Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[Windows 7 Users] Cool your laptop/PC solution
Are you running you're bot 24/7 and worried that your laptop/PC is getting hotter than you would like?
Follow the below settings for a guaranteed big drop in temperature.

This method is for Windows 7 users

Step 1
Go to Power Options from the Control Panel or the system tray menu.

[Image: Power-options.png]

Step 2
Now go to Change Plan Settings –> Change Advanced Power Settings.

[Image: Change-Plan-Settings.png]

Step 3
In the new window that pops-up, expand Processor Power management –> Maximum processor state, and reduce the on battery and plugged in power settings. The settings you keep will depend on your preferences and the capability of your system.
I have a reasonably good laptop but found that with Bluestacks running my fan most of the time would be screaming and my laptop generated quite a bit of unwanted heat which I used to worry would shorten the life.

[Image: Power1.png]

I have lowered my CPU max rate down to 75% and have noticed very little difference in performance but a huge difference in running temperature and that my fan seems to not even exist anymore.

You can experiement yourself and pick a value that suits you're preference but with extensive testing I am able to run Bluestacks and still use my laptop to stream media and browse the net as normal and have noticed zero performance dip

Messages In This Thread
[Windows 7 Users] Cool your laptop/PC solution - by Envyus - 01-22-2015, 08:24 AM