Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Require Registration/Login
With the traffic coming in for the CoC Bot and Bytecode Viewer, I feel it would help the community grow if registration or login was required to view either threads or maybe links?

Just a thought. Thanks.

You probably have a good reason for not doing this
There's a few reasons why I haven't blocked guests, and the main one is SEO and I've always enjoyed the concept of an open forum. I'm interested in the community's opinion on this however.
Would be stupid as it would prevent search engines from caching the forum content and appearing in search results. Most people would see a required registration forum and turn right away anyway.
Maybe links in posts and attachments could be blocked for guests.
[Image: 7rL6Nl0.png]
(01-25-2015, 10:38 PM)zooty Wrote:  Maybe links in posts and attachments could be blocked for guests.

This ^
Good thinking, I'll implement this soon
Just checked guest settings, it's already enabled.
(02-01-2015, 10:41 AM)Konloch Wrote:  Just checked guest settings, it's already enabled.

You should probably enable it for code blocks and spoilers as well. It would be a nice feature just to throw download links in a spoiler so people have to register to gain access to any downloads (such as the CoC bot).
oh yeah, and then you get an influx of registered users doing nothing but leeching and taking names.

Bad idea.
(02-01-2015, 10:54 AM)Explicit Wrote:  
(02-01-2015, 10:41 AM)Konloch Wrote:  Just checked guest settings, it's already enabled.

You should probably enable it for code blocks and spoilers as well. It would be a nice feature just to throw download links in a spoiler so people have to register to gain access to any downloads (such as the CoC bot).

Solid idea! I'll implement this soon.